Simple and affordable do-it-yourself projects can greatly increase a home’s resale value, according to HomeGains annual home improvement and staging survey. The marketing company surveyed nearly 600 real estate professionals to discover which DIYhome improvement projects five sellers the biggest return for their buck.
Here are the six projects under $1,000 (approx.) that made the list.
- Cleaning and decluttering. Remove any personal items, unclutter countertops, organize closets and make the home sparkling clean.
- Brightening. Clean all windows inside and out, replace old curtains, update lighting fixtures, and remove anything that blocks light from the windows.
- Smart staging. Rearrange furniture, bring in new accessories and furnishings to enhance rooms, incorporate artwork, and play soft music in the background.
- Landscaping enhancements. Punch up the home’s curb appeal in the front and back yards by adding bark mulch, bushes, and flowers and ensuring current plants and grass are well-cared and manicured.
- Repairing electrical or plumbing. Fix leaks under the sinks, remove any mildew stains, and ensure all plumbing is in good working condition.
- Replacing or shampooing dirty carpets. Steam-clean carpets, replace any worn carpets, and repair any floor creaks.
Subscribe to CommentsComment