Connecticut BBQ Marinated Lamb Kebabs with Mint Pesto.
We like to entertain and this recipe is perfect for it since you can prepare it before hand and then just a simple grill. Serve with herb rice or rustic bread is perfect. Enjoy.
We get our boneless leg of lamb from Costco, it usually comes 4 to 5 pounds and an affordable price of $5.99 per pound, and you will need to trim off the fat and tissue.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
4 large garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon pepper4 large tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1 lemon for juice
1 teaspoons coriander powder
4 to 5 pounds trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
3 large red & Green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/4-inch squares
2 large red onion, cut into 1 1/4-inch squares
1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 medium garlic clove, peeled
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/2 cup (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
6 to 8 metal skewers or 8 to 10 bamboo
Blend first 7 ingredients in processor to coarse puree. With machine running, gradually pour in 1/2 cup oil; puree until almost smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix olive oil, white wine, garlic, rosemary, coriander, lemon juice, coarse salt & pepper in a large bowl. Add lamb; toss to coat. Cover and chill at 8 to 24 hours.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Thread lamb on skewers alternately with peppers and onions. Grill to desired doneness, turning occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare.
Remove from skewer and serve on platter with pesto in side bowl.
A FEW OF OUR PAST FAVORITE NEW RECIPES ARE BELOW.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.