Lockport to Host
Old Canal Days Festival & Parade
June 15th - 17th, 2012
On June 15th, The Old Canal Days Parade will kick-off an entire weekend of fun and history in . The Festival, held annually, is the longest-running festival held within the City of Lockport, IL.
This years Old Canal Days parade route will begin on State & 2nd Street and end at 14th & Washington Streets in Lockport. Line-up begins at 5:30 pm, with the actual parade starting at 6:30 pm.
Old Canal Days events will take place along State Street, between 8th and 11th Streets, on Lincoln Landing in the Norton Building parking lot and along the I&M Canal itself.
Food vendors will be plentiful, with booths open throughout the entire Festival. A beer tent will be available next to the Norton Building. A $3.00 admission is charged when music entertainment begins.
Some of the highlights of this year's Old Canal Days Festival are:
- Kids Carnival Rides
- Juried Craft Show (125 quality crafters) Saturday - 10 am - 6 pm
- Teen Battle of the Bands - Saturday, Noon to 4 pm. Stage located: South Landing between 9th and 10th Streets
- Horse drawn carriage ride along the I&M Canal - Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm
- Live Music:
Friday - Under d Influence: 7 pm
Hit Parade: 9 pm
Saturday - Blackened (Metallica Tribute): 5 pm
Johnny Russler & The Beach Bum Band: 9 pm
- Old Canal Days 5K Race, 5K Run/Walk & Youth Mile Races: Saturday, June 16th - 8 am Start. 4 Info: LTPD Old Canal Days Race
- Old Canal Days Adult Tennis Open: 3-Day Tournament sponsored by the Lockport Township Park Dist. & US Tennis Association. Pre-Register. For Info:
- Historic Re-enactors will entertain and educate on the I&M Canal throughout the night
- Movies in the Square
- Petting Zoo
- Senior Bingo - Gladys Fox Museum
- Knights of Columbus Duck Races - Saturday
- United Worship - South Landing Parking lot across from the Norton Building. Sunday - 9 am to 1 pm
- Movies In the Square: Showing "ZooKeeper" - Friday, 7:30 activities. 8:30 pm movie start
The City of Lockport ... and Old Canal Days, sponsored by the Lockport Chamber of Commerce and local community business-sponsors, is conveniently located off major highways and interstate for ease in commuting to the event.
Stop in over the weekend and enjoy all Lockport and the I&M Canal have to offer during this historic Festival.
* The Old Canal Days Festival and Parade is representative of the many fine activities and events held in Lockport, IL throughout each year .. and the quality of living provided within the City.
Should you be interested in buying a home within the City of Lockport, the surrounding Will County region, or Chicagoland ... . I'll be glad to hear from you, answer your mortgage questions, and earn the opportunity to work with you during your home buying transaction.
With over 35 years of experience providing service, I can also provide a quality referral to one of our area's real estate professionals, should you be in need.
I can be conveniently contacted through any of the following: