- Homes for sale – 439 detached, 217 attached (down 15% from November)
- 75 detached and 30 attached homes came on the market in November (58% less)
- 359 detached and 144 attached homes have sold in the last 6 months
- Absorption (inventory) is 7.5 months for detached (slight increase from November) and 7.1 months for attached homes (down over 1 month from November)
- Average marketing time was 65 days for attached and 67 days for detached
- Median sales price for detached - $763,050, about the same as November
- Median sales price for attached - $439,438, about the same as November
Carlsbad home sales prices continue to average 95% (detached) and 96% (attached) of list price, a trend for at least 10 months.
It is worth noting that the inventory for Carlsbad for December dropped about 15% as compared to November. This is not unexpected given the holiday season. Inventory should start increasing as we leave the holiday period.
All in all, the changes in the Carlsbad housing market were minimal as compared to last month, and compared to 1 year ago the statistics are fairly positive. The median detached home price is only about 1% lower than 1 year ago; the median attached home price is about 5% less than 1 year ago.
YTD sales for Carlsbad homes are 10% behind the same time last year (down only 5% for detached homes but 17% for attached), which compares pretty favorably to the statistics for San Diego County as a whole, where end of year sales are down 18% compared to the end of 2007. The data continue to show that watching the local market is particularly important, as the averages reported county-wide in the wide suggest a pattern that is less positive that what we are seeing in Carlsbad.
Do you need more information about Carlsbad real estate or other nearby communities? Please let me know (text or call me directly at 760-840-1360 or email me at JDowler@remax.net).
Start YOUR CARLSBAD HOMES SEARCH HERE (and other area communities in San Diego including Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, La Jolla, San Marcos and Oceanside homes)
Visit CARLSBAD COMMUNITY REPORTS for profiles on communities, subdivisions and neighborhoods
All content copyright © 2007 Jeff Dowler Carlsbad Homes and Real Estate Tidbits