Real Estate Photo Contest: Round II
On behalf of RealEstate.com, I just want to thank everyone from the ActiveRain community who participated in our last photo contest. It was a great success and we had a lot of fun looking over the photos that were sent to us. We even got a new homepage photo out of the deal! Our Facebook and Google+ pages were thriving with activity while we modeled photo after photo, letting our fans decide.
Amy Hahn winner of our first quarter picture contest can now add front page of RealEstate.com to her resume.
For a homebuyer, finding a home is more than just pricing and statistics. Especially if you’re moving long distance, it’s important to really get a feel for what it would be like to live there morning to night, day to day. Sharing photos of your area is a great way to communicate this feeling because if a picture is worth a thousand words, each picture can tell one small story of many your area has to tell.
That’s why we’ve decided to continue the photo contest. Here’s how it’ll work. We’re going to be running the contest each month to allow for votes on our social media. At the end of the month, we’ll announce who will be our next photo contest winner and then at the beginning, we’ll put in new photos and start the process all over.
Looking forward to interact with the Active Rain Community and connecting with you on our social media pages!
Some important photo challenge rules:
- The photo of course needs to be your own and you MUST have full rights to share that photo with RealEstate.com. (Do not submit photos from the Internet or photos that do not belong to you).
- Photos must be real estate, home or neighborhood-related.
- Photos must possess a WOW factor.
- Photos must work well with the RealEstate.com search bar. The homepage of RealEstate.com features a search bar on the top center of each homepage image (see example homepage image above). Be conscious of how this search bar placement will work with photos you submit.
- No points are being awarded for participating in this challenge. This is just a unique opportunity to share your beauty with the world!
- Photos will be selected through an editorial process by our marketing team. We will also be placing selected photo challenge finalists to a vote.
- Photos and photographers selected will receive a credit with their name or business name at the bottom right of the photo. An amazing branding opportunity!
Have a great photo? Here's what to do:
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit only one photo per email.
- Photos must be no larger than 2 megabytes in size.
- Photos should be in landscape format (not portrait).
- The dimensions of the RealEstate.com home page is 932 pixel wide and 603 pixels high. We will likely crop the photo as needed to best fit it the home page.
Important Legal Language - Permission to Use Your Photo
- By submitting your photo you certify that you are the sole owner of the photo submitted. ActiveRain, RealEstate.com, Market Leader and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the photo for any purpose in any form and on any media. You will indemnify ActiveRain & Market Leader for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the photos.
- Do not submit any photos if you do not own the copyright and have permission to use the image of every person appearing in the photo, or if you do not agree to let us use the photo on the ActiveRain site.
- You may submit as many pictures as you like. Submit only one photo per email.
- We may not use all pictures submitted.