* Make arrangements for reinstallation of appliances.
* Keep all documents pertaining to your move in a safe place. You will
need them for verification of moving expenses and for filing your
income tax returns. For more information on tax-deductible moving
expenses, consult an Accountant or Tax specialist.
* Check with the post office for any mail being held and ask for
delivery to start.
* Have your medical and dental records transferred after selecting a
family physician and dentist.
* You may want to select a Lawyer discuss laws pertaining to your
destination state, county and/or city. Be sure to cover such matters
as wills, transfers of property and investments, insurance
regulations, inheritance laws, taxes and the like. Most laws affect a
family as soon as residence in the new state and city is established.
Register to vote.
* Locate the selected schools. Take the children, introduce yourself
and register them.