When selling your home there are no guarantees that a buyer will
simply walk through the front door. In many cases you may have to
bring your home to the buyer. Effective marketing will help ensure
that your property receives maximum exposure to attract a ready,
willing and able buyer. The appearance of your home, a buyer's first
impressions, and other considerations can also affect the sale of your
home. Be sure to explore tips for increasing your home's value. Have
you considered that home prices in your neighborhood and the value of
your property are also factors used for pricing your home?
Increasing the Value of Your House - When you're preparing your house
for sale, remember the importance of first impressions. The market
isn't the only factor that influences whether you get your asking
price. Appearance and overall condition play a major role. Here are
some easy things you can do to make your home more appealing to
buyers. It is estimated that more than half the houses are sold before
the buyers even get out of their cars. So stand across the street from
your house and review its curb appeal.
* Sweep front walkway.
* Remove newspapers, bikes and toys.
* Park extra cars away from the property.
* Trim back the shrubs.
* Apply fresh, clean paint throughout.
* Clean windows and window coverings throughout.
* Keep pet areas clean.
* Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order.
* Maintain all sealant (window, tub, shower, sink, etc.) in good condition.
* Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition.
* Mow the lawn more frequently and plant flowers.
* Kitchen and bathroom should shine.
* Quick once-over with the vacuum; carpets should be clean.
* Place fresh flowers in the main rooms.
* Put dishes away, unless setting a formal display for decoration.
* Make beds and put all clothes away.
* Enhance the spaciousness of each room.
* Open drapes and turn on lights for a brighter feel.
* Straighten closets.
* Put toys away.
* Turn off television.
* Play soft music on the radio/stereo.
* Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free.
* Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medication and other valuables.
* Potential buyers usually feel more comfortable if the owners are not present.
* If people unaccompanied by an agent request to see your property, please
refer them to your real estate professional for an appointment.
* Leave a number where you can be reached if you are leaving town, even for