Promoted PostsBefore now your reach on Facebook was limited by the scope of Faceook's EdgeRank algorithm - meaning when you posted an update your content was only visible to a small number of your actual followers based on the interest of a given user (which is decided by this algorithm). Yesterday Facebook launched a new way to reach your followers - Promoted Posts! This is a paid service (like Facebook Ads) but only available in $5 and $10 increments. These Promoted Posts will get shown to users who are already fans of your page in addition to friends of people who interact with the promoted post. The posts are marked as "Sponsored" in news feeds and run for up to 3 days after the post was originally created -- catch is you must have at least 400 fans. The statistics of you promoted posts are then logged in your Admin Panel. What we think qualifies as a 'promotable' post:
- Marketing offers that link to a listing landing page within your website or blog
- Open houses, new listing or special offer posts
- Launch of a new internet marketing site (new website, Facebook page, blog)
- Spotlight an affiliate (mortgage broker, inspector, title companies, home staging specialist etc.)
Schedule PostsI've always heard of agents using third party tools to schedule posts on Facebook - now you can do it right from your Facebook wall!
- Simply begin to add a post to your wall
- Click that little blue/grey clock in the bottom left corner or the status update box
- *You may need to set a year when you created your Facebook business page first*
- If you had to do step 3, click on that clock again after setting your 'birth' year
- You will be promoted to add a year, then month, then day, then time for your post
- Then hit the 'Schedule' button
RE/Advantage specializes in Real Estate web site design and Internet technology. We have been working with the Real Estate Industry for over 10 years so we understand what makes a site work for you and your buyers and sellers. After all we have been developing real estate web sites, Internet tools and marketing strategies since 1997. No one provides a more comprehensive, well-thought-out site and tool set for your Internet presence. We provide you with not only the tools to manage and customize your site, but the peace of mind that comes from knowing we are here to help if you need us.