Why do some homes sell quickly and others just linger forever? Many times barriers to selling are thrown up early in the process such as…
- MLS-entry only listings. These are a hassle. Call the out of town owner, negotiate with the owner, etc. This is a hurdle that the listing agent could make a bit easier by attaching the property disclosures, etc. to the MLS entry. Folks, it ain’t going to easily sell.
- Price. I have seen some that were built in 2006 and are now listed at almost exactly the same purchase price. Folks, it ain’t going to sell!
- Price. Modify the price. After five months and in a declining market? Folks, it ain’t going to sell! There is a reason price was listed twice.
- 24-hour notice. Challenges to scheduling a showing is another hurdle that sellers do not need in a buyer’s market. Whether owner or tenant occupied, they will just move on because the home down the street is priced as attractively and they can see it!
- Agent must accompany. Talk about a barrier to selling! Enough said!
Selling a home requires, at a minimum, three things:
- proper pricing,
- proper presentation (staged, accessible) and
- appropriate professional promotion.
As your Viera real estate agent I can do all of these except for the presentation. It is up to you to....
- prepare your house,
- maintain it in a show ready condition,
- allow prospective buyers reasonable access.
When you are ready to sell your Viera, Suntree or Rockledge, Florida home call me or send me an email for a free market analysis.