Are White Appliances Making a Comeback in Charlotte Homes?
Plain and simply, YES!
After incredibly frustrating attempts to clean fingerprints, hand smudges and doggy-tail brush marks on those stainless steel appliances, owners of Charlotte homes are starting to ask for white appliances again. In 2012, however, homeowners are seeking higher quality materials and a more trendy appearance in their new white appliances than before. So, move over stainless steel appliances, white is coming back with a vengeance!
According to a recent Consumer Report posted by Daniel DiClerico from the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show in Chicago, stainless steel’s dominance of the large-appliance colors could be waning. White may be the new shiny gray. Why is white making a comeback? Partially because of the normal shelf-life of trends; trends tend to make a change about every ten years--and it’s that time again.
Here are eight more reasons white appliances are trending:
- Many appliance stores are charging $100+ more for the stainless steel version of their top-of-the-line refrigerator than for the white version.
- In a recent Consumer Report rating of a particular brand of the Sub-Zero fridge, the stainless steel version costs $1,500 more than the normal package, including white.
- Europeans are leading the trend with the glass-fronted white refrigerator, according to Consumer Reports.
- Whirlpool has introduced a new ‘Ice Collection’ line of appliances available in black or white.
- White kitchens are consistently popular and a safe choice for those afraid of too much color or afraid of making a fashion faux pas when decorating their Charlotte homes.
- White represents cleanliness and will not clash with other colors.
- Incredibly busy lifestyles are leading homeowners to seek appliances which require less ‘cleaning and maintenance’ time, and white certainly remains clean looking far longer than the stainless steel.
- HGTV and other television carpentry and remodel shows are beginning to put white appliances back in.
No matter what your opinion is on stainless steel versus white appliances, every trend has a lifespan. White will come back around, just as black will eventually, if it ever really left. That’s because black and white are neutral colors that go with anything.
If you’re looking at Charlotte homes to put your black, white or yellow appliances in, call me today at (704) 491-3310 or email me at Info@GoogleCharlotte.com to begin the search process.