With more and more homes coming on the market for the summer months it's important to make sure your home stands out above the rest. Here are five steps to present your home with a lasting first impression! With over 90% of home buyers looking on the internet for the home of their dreams you want those online photos to attract and stimulate as much interest as possible.
- First and foremost make sure your house is clean, clean, clean. (The cleaner your home is the more it shows as a well maintained home)
- Reduce all clutter and any unnecessary furniture (Show off as much square footage as possible. It's also a good idea to remove all personal items and collectibles. You're moving anyway why not start packing those items now to ensure their safety while your home is on the market)
- House's show best if the color of the home (both inside and out) is a neutral color. (A warm beige or a soft taupe (colors that are easy on the eyes) appeal to the most potential buyers)
- Repairs are necessary when you put your house on the market. As much as you wish you didn't have to face the challenge of one more repair you can count on the buyers disliking the thought of it even more.
- Nothing turns off a buyer more when they drive up to a home and see a front yard that spells WORK. Remember Curb appeal gets the buyers in the door. Trimming up bushes and trees, mowing the lawn, raking the leaves, pulling the weeds and maybe even fertilizing and watering the lawn can really have a great impact. Backyards are equally as important as they are an extension of your homes square footage.
As a Home Stager I realize that preparing your home for sale is a lot of work. If you can invest in hiring a professional to do some or all of the work for you, you'll have more time to focus on all those offers that will be coming in on your home. If funds are low and you feel it's just too much work for you alone you might try inviting your family, friends and even your neighbors over to help you out. You'd be surprised how many people are willing to help... if just asked.
If you're interested in finding out more about how a Home Staging Consultation can help you and your home look it's best please contact us, our estimates are complimentary.
Let your buyers focus on the beauty of your home!
Can your potential buyers see themselves living in your home?
You never get a second chance... to make a Great First Impression!
Linda D. Pufford, ASPM
With Divine Style
Real Estate/Home Staging ~ Interior Redesign ~ Professional Color Consulting