It's time for you to buy a home in Prince George's County, Maryland. You know it, and I know it. Renting is a great start, but renting for years has kept you out of the home ownership arena.
Home ownership provides you with a greater sense of pride and connection to the community.
You have probably heard the stories on the national news about the deplorable state of real property in America. It seems as if doom and gloom is the label that has been placed on real estate all across the country.
Markets across the country are rebounding like never before. I want to let you in on a secret. Real estate is a LOCAL market. Locally, in Prince George's County, the market is booming with activity.
The truth is there has never been a better time to buy property. Homes are priced competitively. Interest rates are low. Incentives to buy are high.
As a matter of fact, HUD's HOME Investments Partnerships Program in Prince George's County, Maryland has over $1,000,000 (that's a lot of zeros) available to assist with down payment costs for homebuyers.
Here are the nuts and bolts of the program:
- Applicants must qualify for a loan with an approved lender.
- Loan amount must not exceed $362,790.
- Purchased property does not have to be a foreclosure.
- Short sales are included.
- Down payment assistance is 5% of purchase price.
- Applicants must contribute 1.75 % of sales price or 50% of all assets over $3,000 (which ever is greater).
- Assistance is not restricted to certain zip codes.
- Income limits apply.
Do want to learn more about purchasing in Prince George's County, Maryland? Contact Sharon Avery at 240-486-0285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.