Ever wonder what it's like to be a home stager ? Would you like to job shadow one? Now you can for free and online!
A couple of months ago I was contacted by the owner of an online job search resource Job Shadow.com that focuses on sharing all types of careers with students, professionals and anyone in the job market looking for truthful information on careers that may be of interest to them as they enter the job market or transition into new fields.
The Job Shadow interviews focus on real people working in real professions and all were asked to give honest, useful and insightful information to help others understand the jobs we do.
I was honored to be asked to contribute my story as a home stager.
Once I received the list of questions I took several days to compose my answers. It gave me pause at times to realize that some would be staging professionals would be looking at this as a potential resource for starting their own home staging businesses.
I took the task with the utmost respect and seriousness and I hope that in my answers I would provide someone the real life experience of a working home staging professional.
On a very regular basis I receive many inquiries about starting a home staging business. These interesting inquires usually involve lengthy emails and even phone calls to help them understand the staging business. As my own home staging business has grown, I often do not have the time I'd like to be able to respond in detail. Now I use this interview to answer them & I encourage you to use the link if you also get these same types of inquiries and be able to share this with them if you find the information of value.
Professional Real Estate Photography by Lance Selgo Unique Exposure Photography
Here are the questions:
What do you do for a living?
How would you describe what you do?
What does your work entail?
What’s a typical work week like?
How did you get started?
What do you like about what you do? What do you dislike?
How do you make money/or how are you compensated?
How much money do Home Stagers make?
How much money did/do you make starting out as a Home Stager?
What education, schooling, or skills are needed to do this?
What is most challenging about what you do?
What is most rewarding?
What advice would you offer someone considering this career?
What is a common misconception people have about what you do?
What are your goals/dreams for the future?
What else would you like people to know about your job/career?
I invite you all to take a look and job shadow me here ! I'd also love to hear your comments on the page if you'd care to share your insights as well as experience.
Selling a home in North Texas? Exceptional Home Staging services for Dallas, Richardson, Plano, Allen, McKinney, Frisco, Carrollton,TX and surrounding cities.
- Affordable pre-list home staging property consultations
- Affordable post list "trouble shooting" property consultations - no matter how long a home has been on the market there are always ways to improve the chance of sale
- Owner occupied property staging (utilizing owner supplied furniture & accessories or including some of our own inventory)
- Vacant & investment property staging (Full and partial rental furniture packages, accessories and staging services)
- Is your office interested in hosting a home staging class or presentation? Just ask! Contact Karen at 496-964-0516 or Karen@homestarstaging.com
- Interested in learning how to start a successful home staging business in TX, OK or NW LA? I can help! I the hands on course trainer for the Staging and Redesign team. Stage a real home for sale, get a true portfolio of your work and start collecting your statistics, all key components to running your business.