On the Trump U Marketing Blog I posted about the pros and cons of using postcard to market your business. I know many real estate professional use postcards in their business so I am sharing the meat of the post here.
A postcard by USPS standards is no larger then 4x6. So when should you use this potentially very effective mailing device?
- Postage is lower then any other class of mail
- Fast and easy to print and mail out
- Inexpensive to produce in small or large quantities
- Great for timely promotions or specials
- Can be used as a reminder to an earlier direct mail effort
- You can use graphics and text to communicate
- May get lost in your consumers mail pile
- Limited space to tell your story
- Size limits room for creativity (although you can be creative)
- Too small to send to a potential prospect
- May not perform as well as a larger mail piece
- Some marketers rely too often on postcards when other formats would be better suited.
I think the pros win but remember to make sure your marketing goals match the medium.
Do postcards work for your business?
What direct mail methods work best for your business?
Do you agree with my assessment?
Let me know by posting a comment.