No, I couldn't live without my computer either, but my iPhone does all that and fits in my pocket too!
• Most obviously, I can make and take calls when I'm not in the office.
• My calendar is on the phone, and it syncs to the office calendar - automatically.
• The camera is excellent. Instead of taking notes when touring property, I snap 50 pictures.
• I take pictures of documents, which are automatically turned into PDFs and filed for future reference.
• I can forward contracts, brochures, emails, etc. straight from the phone. No more forgetting to send out info when I get back to the office.
• I can log into the MLS from the phone...no more guessing about what that property was listed for.
• I can look up property taxes, the size of a building, the acreage of a lot, the owner's name, the neighbor's name, the zoning, the amount of the mortgage, see if there are any liens on a property...all while standing in front of the property!
• I can do all of these things WHILE STILL TALKING TO THE CLIENT ON THE PHONE, making me look even smarter.
• I can do all of these things while sneaking in a couple hours on the ski slope, or rafting!
• My calendar beeps at me when I need to be somewhere else.
• My calculator, calendar, camera, to-do list, Scrabble game, address book, phone book, weatherman, GPS, map books, restaurant guide, airline reservation assistant, stereo, thousands of albums/CDs, and alarm clock have all been magically shrunk down, plugged in to one another, and crammed into the phone. Simply amazing.
How did we get anything done before smartphones?