Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Dannette Robinson spoke to us. She is the assistant to the City Manager, Ron Whitehead.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Dannette's presentation:
- Although she has been on the job only 5 weeks, she was an intern at Town Hall for 1 1/2 years while working on her Masters of Public Administration at UNT.
- Dannette started in the public sector, working in the hotel and travel industry.
- The largest 2 hotels in Addison are the Marriott Quorum and the Hotel Intercontinental.
- She is currently working on a strategic plan for Addison's travel and tourism industry and on other small projects with Chris Terry.
- The new Bush Elementary School in Addison doesn't have information about GHW Bush in the school. She's working with Principal Dash to bring in information about the life and legacy of the former President. The theme will center around the fact that Bush was once a child and did homework, etc. There will be a public unveiling of the project when completed.
- Dannette answered questions about the differences between working in the public and private sectors.
Since the first Wednesday next month is July 4th, we won't meet again until August 1st. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.