Choosing the right Brooklyn real estate agent is one of the most important decisions you’ll make when selling your home. After all, he or she will be your representative to potential buyers, and the one deciding how best to market your home. Below are eight questions to ask before signing on the dotted line:
1. How long have you been in the business? While it’s nice to find someone who has many years of professional experience, don’t automatically reject a new agent who might have more time and energy.
2. What’s the average length of time it takes you to sell a home? A well-qualified Brooklyn real estate agent should be able to answer that question and back it up with statistics.
4. How well do you know the area? A good agent should be able to tell you in detail about the surrounding neighborhoods and how well homes are selling.
5. Where will you advertise? Make sure you agree on amarketing strategy. If you’re expecting glossy magazine ads and an interactive website, then you’ll want to make sure you are both on the same page.
6. How often will I hear from you? You’ll want to know how often you’ll receive updates on the progress of your home sale. Don’t be afraid to ask for weekly reports.
7. How will you help me get my home prepared? Don’t expect an agent to help you paint your home, but he or she should share specific ideas on how best to present your home.
8. What do you charge? You really need to know, in detail, how much you’ll pay your agent to sell your home.
If you’re getting ready to sell your home, I’d be honored to have the opportunity to interview for the job as your Brooklyn real estate agent. Please call me Charles D’Alessandro Your Brooklyn real estate agent with Fillmore Real Estate a call at 718/253-9600 ext 206 or email me at email@example.com to schedule our interview.