Mulch. It hides a multitude of sins.
But there are aspects of it that are criminal!
- It's a smorgasbord for termites.
- It's made out of discarded wood scraps, & contains chemicals that are NOT supposed to be in your garden.
- Some of it is made from the husks of coconuts, and can kill your dog if he eats it.
- Some of it is made from old tires. Ground up tires are not good for the environment, nor for your plants.
- It breeds fungi.
- The acidity that mulch brings is extremely counter-productive for the health & growth of plants.
Is it cheaper? No. It's more expensive. But if you are gonna spruce the place up, it sure beats the heck out of crummy marketing images of your yard, wasting a boatload of money on plants that won't thrive, and a dead dog. After all, compost is actually FUEL for your FLOWERS.
Lead Conceptual Designer, www.CurbAppealConcepts.com
Certified Property Consultant (CPC) & Certified Staging Professional (CSP)
SAR Staging Instructor, Staging and Redesign, www.StagingAndRedesign.com
President of Acadiana Real Estate Staging Association, www.AcadianaRESA.com