This is terrific information for a New Rainmaker. A great resource that gives you step by step guidance on how you can build you points within Active Rain. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I am!
The ActiveRain Point System
ActiveRain awards members points based on participation and their individual involvement within the network and community. While there is a much more complicated and technical explanation of how the point system works, this post is to provide you with a general overview of how points are earned and distributed to all ActiveRain members.
ActiveRain points are earned based on a member's individual activities and efforts. Points are accumulated over the course of the calendar week which starts Monday morning at 12:00am Pacific Time, and ends Sunday night at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
The following are some ways you can earn points and move up the "Featured Member" ladder in your local area:
- 200 points for each blog post
(Max 10 per week) (50 word minimum required)
- 25 additional points when post is added to channels with a topic
- 400 points for Featured Post on ActiveRain.com
(Excludes posts featured in ActiveRain groups)
- 25 points for each comment
(Max 10 Per Day) (Comments on your own posts excluded)
- 25 points for each reBlogged post
(Max 10 per week - these do not include your own posts)
- ActiveRain profile points
(Building your ActiveRain profile will build points)
- Received comments on blog posts
(No blog post to exceed 475 pts.)
- 100 points awarded for logging in to ActiveRain each day
(This applies 7 days a week)
- 250 points when someone accepts your ActiveRain invitation
(Must sign up under Member's Invite Code)
- 10% of total points earned by new members invited by you
(Example: invited member earns 1000 pts. - you earn 100 pts.)
- ActiveRain and member approved contests - points will vary
(These show up as "Bonus Points" in your Point Summary)
- Staff awarded bonus points - these are issued by the ActiveRain staff
(Member Humanitarian, Paying It Forward, Helping Others, etc.)
Weekly Point Scenario: The potential of points available per week, per member would be as follows: 1750 for max comments, 2000 for max blog posts, 700 for logging in daily, 250 for adding to Channels/Topics, and 250 for max reBlogged posts. The weekly potential of points would be 4950 (this does not include Featured Posts, comments received, invitation and percentage points, contests, and staff-awarded bonus points.)
Point Disclaimer: The Points System created by the ActiveRain Network was developed and implemented to motivate, inspire, and reward members for their participation and involvement within the community. These points are subject to change at the discretion of the ActiveRain Mgmt. Team, with or without cause, warning, or notice.