I saw an interesting Facebook post asking the question, “How old were you when you purchased your first house?” Interesting question when you come to think about the demographics of the individuals looking to purchase their first house and the demographics of the Real Estate Professionals who are selling the house.
- What is the age of the current first time home buyer and how do they utilize technology?
- Text and don’t answer their phones?
- Use Social Media like Facebook to communicate rather than email?
- Use Instagram or Pinterest with all the photo and video capability?
- Rely on testimonials, references or referrals from the best friends or parents?
The next question comes from the perspective of where I come from -- Did you purchase title insurance? Did you even know what title insurance is? Do you know what title insurance is now years after your purchase of a home?
Think about how old and how connected that first time homebuyer is and how you use technology to get connected and communicate with your clients.
I would be interested to know -- How old were you when you purchased your first home and did you even know what title insurance was?