I still feel pretty new to Active Rain and in the beginning, thought of myself as just a "lurker," looking to find good information. I must admit that I have made some friends and might actually enjoy this whole blogging thing.
I normally enjoy reading posts from my friend, Elizabeth Nieves. Recently, Elizabeth wrote something titled, "Why Meme, God" and it was another thoughtful, well written post that I was enjoying.. That was until my chin nearly hit my desk as I saw MY name mentioned at the end where she wrote.. "Bring on the meme, Nick!!"
OK.. So I hope I don't bore you to death, but here it goes..
1. I have the most amazing wife in the world! Lori and I were married in March of 2003. I was a bachelor (and work-aholic) for a really long time and wasn't sure if I would ever find the "perfect" woman. Luckily, and by the grace of God, I hit the jackpot! One of the stories I like to tell is that Lori was a client of mine before we ever dated. As a FSBO seller of a couple of Du-plex properties, I contacted her through an ad in the paper because I had an investor interested in the area. The sale went well. A few months passed and I got a call from her saying she had a rental property in Mesa that she wanted to sell. She appreciated the fact that I was honest and wanted me to represent HER this time. Another successful sale. No dates, yet. FFWD to two more successful transactions and we end up meeting with friends before one of the 2001 World Series games. I was taking a friend to the game, she was downtown with some of her friends enjoying the festivities when Michelle asked.. "So, why don't you two ever go out?" - To keep from getting too long winded, let's just say.. The rest, is history.
2. Three Beautiful Boys! Wow, talk about a handful. Lori and I had three babies in less than two years! Luke, Cole and Will are about the cutest things you will ever see! Having a three year old and TWO, two year olds is pretty interesting. (to say the least) They are all boys and all action, all the time! Jumping, climbing, running etc is pretty common around our house. Lori does an amazing job with them as a stay at home mom. As a very successful business woman in her "previous career," she has made one of the most amazing transformations into motherhood and it is something that brings great joy to our family.
3. Feed me!- I really like to eat.. ALL kinds of food.. which is strange that the amazing, above mentioned wife is kind of a picky eater. I enjoy everything from a "dive" to a nice Sunday brunch ( I think my fave is at the Hotel Del where Lori and I went for my b-day a couple years ago) - In my newsletter that we put out, I have a "Nick's Pick's" section where we feature all types of our favorite places. The pic below was a fun little spot in Boston named "Salty Dog.". When I was a kid, I had a dog named "Salty" so we "had" to try this place! :-)
4. Do Unto Others! Each year, I enjoy several opportunities to help others in our community. Our annual "Turkey Drive" is a blast. My good friend Rob Sell has been really helpful the past few years helping me deliver literally thousands of pounds of turkey to the Phoenix Rescue Mission. The other "big one" for us is our "Climb to Conquer Cancer." This one is near and dear to my heart as my mom is a cancer survivor. Recently, it has become even more special to us as we lost Lori's dad last year after a very courageous battle with cancer. The pic below is Luke and I on top of the mountain following last years "climb." :-)
5. Getting away is great!- Lori and I like to "get away" every once in a while. I enjoy short get aways (still kind of a work-aholic) and of course, Lori likes the long get aways. We have enjoyed...San Fran, Boston, Seattle, Chicago, Vegas (the recent AR party), Mexico, St Lucia etc. but a quick trip to Flagstaffor a short trip to the woods and a campfire is pretty darn cool in my book. ( I love the city but I think there is some "country boy" deep down inside ) I am sending this post from a really cool resort in Carefree,AZ (just North of Scottsdale) where my wife and I "snuck away" for the evening with NO kids! (thanks to loving grandparents for babysitting!)
As you can tell from the title of this post.. It's my Birthday! So tonight, I have invited some friends to join me at our favorite little pizzeria in Scottsdale for dinner. (yep, time to feed me!) That's it for this Tempe Real Estate agent.. My MEME was more fun than I expected and I hope you enjoyed it. Looking forward to meeting more friends here in the future..
Who to tag next?