I think it would be a good idea to pretend you’re putting your home on the market in the next two weeks. This will be a big undertaking. Just ask any seller who has properly staged their house for resale. Here are some suggestions:
1. Empty clutter from each room and consider removing some furniture to open up the space. The idea is to make it look and feel large and spacious.
2. Consider the wall hangings – do you need all of them? Is it time for a change?
3. Touch up painted services – repair and repaint. This is really economical and easy to do.
4. Perk up the front porch – If you have seating – clean and make it useable again. Consider putting seasonal flower near the entrance.
5. Make windows sparkle! – Clean windows inside and out. If your windows on the 2nd & 3rd floor, consider hiring a professional.
6. Empty the clutter drawer or misc. drawer (you know you have one of those!)
7. Clean out the pantry and donate to the local soup kitchen or Salvation Army canned goods that are still in date, but you don’t plan to use.
8. Have carpets cleaned and make all the floors shine like money!
9. Deep clean each bathroom and pay special attention to the showers – work at getting all the stains out!
10. Make sure each light has a bulb that is burning.
11. Add some outside lighting! Too many lights might make it look like a runway, but it needs just the right amount to feel safe and friendly.
This list is certainly not exhaustive, in fact, I would appreciate additional suggestions of things to do if you were really moving!
Subscribe to CommentsComment