By: David Kucic, RA
CRS, GRI, ABR, e-PRO, AHWD
First Sergeant, USA (Retired)
Tropic Lightning Real Estate, Oahu, Hawaii
Honolulu is the major business hub of Oahu. Traffic is terrible going into Honolulu during rush hour traffic in the morning and coming back out of Honolulu in the evening. Everyone that lives or visits Oahu knows we have severe traffic problems across the island.
So what is being done to alleviate some of the congestion? We are building the "Second City" of Kapolei which is located in West Oahu. The master plan for West Oahu and Kapolei is AWESOME! The goal is to develop a city that people can live, work and play in.
This area is very attractive to Military buyers because the housing is relatively affordable compared with almost everywhere else on the island.
As of right now, many people from West Oahu, Kapolei and Ewa Beach must drive in to Honolulu each day which adds hours of sitting in miserable traffic congestion or waking up early in the morning to get on a bus. In either case, it is no fun!
Some of the projects that are currently under construction or will soon be under construction in Kapolei include:
- 80 Million Dollars of public roads (groundbreaking has already begun). The roads are expected to be completed by 2010 and will form the urban core of Kapolei.
- 11 other road projects to include the widening of Ft. Weaver road (construction has begun), Kapolei Parkway extension (two legs complete and two more legs still left to go) and Makakilo Drive extension which should link up with the new H1 interchange.
- Costco and Target
- New interchanges with the H1 Freeway
- Walt Disney Resort at Ko'olina
- Government Offices to include the Kapolei Courthouse
- University of Hawaii West Oahu Campus
- A new golf course
- Bikeways, walking trails,
- Affordable housing and executive homes
If you are interested in the next great place to invest in Hawaii, you should be SERIOUSLY considering the city of Kapolei, Ewa Beach and West Oahu.
The other areas of the island have already been built out. There is very little space to build anywhere else on the island.
So come to the Second City and get your piece of Hawaii!