The new Short Service Agent Designation is long overdue. It is a title that many would love to present to real estate agents who are not behaving in a professional manner. The designation could be presented by clients who are not getting a reasonable level of service. It could also be presented by other real estate professionals who have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a short service agent candidate.
Here are some of the ways an agent could earn the Short Service Agent Designation.
1) Leaving phone calls and e-mails unanswered.
2) Not including pictures or videos on their listings.
3) Misrepresenting the condition of a property.
4) Not presenting offers on a timely basis.
5) Not updating listings in the MLS.
6) Not checking on their vacant listings.
7) Using a $30 mechanical box instead of an electronic lock box.
8) No sign at the listing.
9) Being rude and insulting when dealing with other members of the profession.
10) Unavailable during working hours because of another job.
This is just a suggested starting list. Feel free to add to the list of ways you think someone could earn the Short Service Agent Designation.
For the professional agents I apologize in advance. You are not eligible for this designation. You will have to settle for CRS and the other dozen or so for those who do it right.