The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington recently predicted a Seller's market for 2008. This is good news if you are planning on selling your home this year. If you are ready to take the plunge, here are a few tips to start preparing your home for sale:
• Clean your home from top to bottom. Once you have thoroughly cleaned it, clean it once again. Your home should be spotless and remain that way for every showing and open house.
• Remove any unnecessary clutter. Rooms that are cluttered look smaller and distract buyers.
• Tidy up cupboards and closets. Believe it or not, people will look inside those closets. Make sure that they are neatly organized.
• Hire a professional home stager to come in and do a walk through. A consultation report will bring to light those items that need your attention - ones that you may have overlooked.
• Follow through on your home stager's recommendations or hire him or her to carry them out for you.
A Seller's market can encourage multiple offers. This is even more likely to happen if your home is presented in the best way possible.
Charlene Storozuk is the owner and lead Design Consultant of Dezigner Digz, a full-service home staging and interior decorating company located in Burlington, Ontario. Dezigner Digz services Ancaster, Hamilton, Aldershot, Burlington, Bronte, Oakville, Milton and surrounding areas. Visit us today at www.dezignerdigz.com
'MAKE YOUR HOME THE ONE BUYERS WILL FALL FOR'