Join my Pinterest for Realtors Group below! There is a great Webinar that was sponsored by Ross Hair recently. He featured Mealnie Duncan and there was a series you could purchase through them to rev up your skill level. Check it out!
As you know Pinterest is growing faster than any other social media and has the ability to drive a lot of traffic to your websites. However, Pinterest and listings are not a match made in heaven. You can't just put up a Board for each of your listings on Pinterest and think that people will repin photos from your listings. The whole point of Pinterest is sharing your interests and passions with others via images.
So what do we do? One of the best examples for me is Ines Hegedus-Garcia's Pinterest Board, because she shares her passions and focuses on the attractions of the geographic area that she markets her homes in - Miami, FL. I also admire what the Corcoran Group has done on Pinterest, by grouping images in Spaces such as Dining Rooms, Kitchens, Living Rooms, Bedrooms, Bathrooms, and then Places, such as TriBeCa.
My Pinterest site is somewhere in between the intensely personal passions of Ines' site and the corporate seriousness of the Corcoran site. I want all of my images to lead back to my Black Rock Connecticut real estate WordPress site in order to drive traffic to the site and get that fabulous Google juice. However, the images have to be of enough visual interest for others to repin.
Therefore, I created the following Pinterest categories:
- Dream Bedrooms - I pinned bedrooms from my luxury listings
- Dream Homes (Video Tours) - had just figured out how to use Windows Live Movie Maker to create YouTube videos today and created one of my $2 milllion luxury listing with 180 degree water views
- Dream Gardens - I pinned gardens from my luxury listings
- Dream Bathrooms - I pinned bathrooms from my luxury listings
- Ash Creek Tidal Estuary - I pinned photos from a photo gallery of my market area
- St. Mary's-by-the-Sea - Ditto (see Ash Creek)
- Black Rock, Connecticut - Ditto (see Ash Creek)
- Black Rock Homes for Sale - I posted one exterior photo of each of my listings, the price, and a brief description. My hope is that if Pinterest viewers of my boards become intrigued with my area, they will want to see what is for sale. I expect this Board will get the least traffic.
Have you created your Pinterest account? If so, how do you use it for your real estate business? Inquiring minds want to know.