Looking for an unspoiled historically 90% original 1830 Colonial home in the quaint village of Francestown, NH?
Looking for a completely renovated home with complete drainage solutions, replaced sills, new electric...
Then please take a look at 144 Main Street, Francestown NH:
Photogallery and video
In time, see it too at http://www.thepopeofrealty.com
Surely one major question of those looking to live in a home such as this, a home with period detail, original at that, is how can one live there? Isn't it like living in a museum...? Not so. This Colonial home retains approximately 90% original features yet has been lived in by a family with kids. The home has been neatly kept with rigourous attention to period detail, landscaping, open spaces and paint colors, cinched nails, wide plank cabintery, Indian shutters are original... all of it is in amazingly well preseved condition right down to the restored horsehair plaster, the mantle molding, the original flooring...
Here are some of the goodies here:
- Cinched nails
- Wide plank cabinetry
- Stenciled floors
- Restored original horse hair plaster entry hallway
- Francestown sopastone quarry farmer's sink
- hand hewn ridge beam and up & down saw tooth cut original siding in barn
- Original Indian shutters
- Original working fireplaces in most rooms
- Sills replaced
- New electric throughout
- Complete drainage solution
- Renovated infrastructure- like getting a new home!
- Recent roof
- Brook frontage
- Apple trees and open fields
- Attached 3 level barn with woodshop
The owner, a renovation consultant for antique homes, is perfectly willing to discuss all aspects of the renovation and original detail with any serious buyer!