Real Estate Agents can use their iPad to make Impactful, and Well Thought Out, Paperless Listing Presentations. The easiest way to do this is to create the presentation in Keynote or PowerPoint at your workstation and up load a file to iPad or your Laptop.
Once the Paperless Presentation is developed (or you find one that is suitable for your needs that you can download) you will need to know How To Up load A File to iPad.
First: Download Your Paperless Listing Presentation To Your Harddrive
You need to have a Paperless Listing Presentation file on your harddrive. Whether you developed it or purchased it, whether it is Keynote (.key) or Powerpoint (.ppt).
You Can Purchase a Paperless Listing Presentation and Paperless Buyer Presentation for $9.99 here: Paperless Listing Presentation
It is possible to create a Keynote Presentation on your iPad with the Keynote App. I do not recommend this method as it is very tedious. However it can be done.
I would recommend that you create a Folder in your Shared Documents Folder, or Desktop, or External Hard Drive, called “iPad Files”. Any presentations or files that you create, download, or purchase can be safely and easily stored in this folder for easy access.
Second: You Will Need The Proper Software and/or iPad App
--If you are going to use your iPad or iPhone to make the presentation then you will need to use Keynote. (keynote is the Apple equivolent to PowerPoint).
You may have already purchased Keynote for your Computer to design the Presentation, however, you will also need to buy the Keynote App using your iTunes account. You can purchase the Keynote App on the iTunes App Store for $9.99.
I have found that purchasing the Keynote App on your iPad is Easiest.
- Make sure that you have a WiFi connection or Cell Service
- You will need an iTunes account.
- You will also need to have a credit card on file for your iTunes account
- Touch the “App Store” Application
- In top right hand corner, enter “Keynote” in the search box
- Select the first Keynote option Under the "iPad Apps" heading as seen below:
- Many different Keynote and Keynote Apps will show up
- Select the App and click “Install”
- Your iPad will prompt you to login to your iTunes acocunt so make sure you have your Username and Password handy
- Enter Your Username and Password
- NOTE: You can also purchase the Keynote app through your iTunes account on your Computer and then Sync it to your apple device
--To Make your presentation using a PC Laptop then you will need to have PowerPoint installed on your PC.
-- To Make your presentation using an Apple Laptop then you will need to have theSoftware version of Keynoteon your machine.
Third: Load The File In Your iTunes Account (iPad)
- Plug your iPad into a USB port of the computer that you use to access iTunes with the white USB cord provided
- This should automatically open your iTunes account on your computer, if you have it downloaded. If not ensure that iTunes is installed on your computer and open it manually.
ONCE iTUNES IS OPEN ON YOUR COMPUTER:
1. You will click on your "Device" Name (this indicates that your iTunes software on your computer recognizes that your iPad Device is connected)
2. Then Click on "Apps"; this will show you all the Apps that are currently loaded on your device
--Scroll down towards the bottom of this screen to the "File Sharing" section
1. Click On the Keynote App. (it will look like this)
2. Click On “Add” to upload your file to iTunes
--Browse for the file that you would like uploaded and hit enter
The presentation has now been Uploaded to your iPad!
Fourth: Load The File Into the Keynote App
- It is OK to unplug your iPad
- Turn it on and open the Keynote App
- Make sure that you are on the “Presentations” screen
- Touch the Big + sign in the upper left hand corner (as seen below)
- Then Touch iTunes (as seen above)
- A pop up will appear with the names of all files that you uploaded to iTunes
- Touch the file that you just Uploaded (as seen below)
- Your file will start uploading into the Keynote App
Your Presentation is now loaded into your Keynote App!
Fifth: Make a Presentation with the iPad
- While still on the "Presentations" screen
- Touch on the presentation that you just loaded and you should see a screen like this
- Touch the Play button and your Presentation will begin
- You can then simply "Swipe" each screen to advance to the next slide.
Happy Presenting. And I hope this helps you to Up load a File To iPad.