Bill Fields presents a comprehensive list of 10 activities that when followed, will lead to success in becoming a top listing agent.
Item #1 is real food for thought. I'm still pondering that one.
Meanwhile, I like the overall theme: Focus. Quit worrying about fringe things, and focus on the activities that will bring results.
To assist with #5 - creating a networking group - I invite you to take advantage of my free letter set: The "Get Acquainted Letters" that will introduce you to other business people who serve the same clients that you hope to serve. You'll find them right here.
Look out Bill! If everyone in your market takes your advice, you'll have a lot tougher competition!
How many good salable listings do you have? Is it enough?
Good listings are like money in the bank as listing inventories continue to decline and agents with good salable listings dominate the marketplace.
To help you build your listing inventory and assure the success of your business we offer you these ten steps for turbocharging your listing lead generation.
1. Change your thinking. Stop looking for people who like you and instead focus your attention on finding people with a need to sell. There is no rejection in real estate.
2. Focus your attention on appointments. Stop worrying about the number of listings you have and instead focus on a goal of one appointment every day with people who you can help.
3. You must fish where the fish are! Determine the greatest opportunities for new listings in your market area and measure how your listing inventory compares.
4. Always keep your hook in the water. Don’t get so busy servicing that you stop doing the activities that generated the business in the first place. Always be prospecting for new business.
5. Create a networking group or join one. Start a networking group with other like-minded professionals with the purpose of providing referrals for each other.
6. Develop a demographic or geographic farm where you establish yourself as the real estate expert for that group of people. Work them effectively every month or don’t bother.
7. Don’t just hope for referrals. Use a three-step referral generating system. Explain your business is built on referrals and get commitment to provide a referral. Earn the referral. Ask for referral.
8. Send 100 just listed AND just sold notices with EVERY listing and each new sale. This is a great source of lead generation and positioning. (Don’t forget to include your S.O.I.)
9. Have client appreciation of events to demonstrate your appreciation to all of your current and past clients and customers. Take video and lots of photos. (Should be a “love-fest” for you!)
10. Focus all of your on promotional material and marketing on the results you have been able to achieve for your clients and customers. Results NOT excuses gets people’s attention.
Keep hold of your dreams and goals, in spite of what others might say or do. Take charge of your destiny today and never allow negative thoughts to dwell in your house. Wherever you go, you must create your future and nurture it through positive thoughts, words and actions every day.
Thought for today: Never be afraid of what you might achieve. Instead, be more afraid of what you might not.
Have a turbocharged day.