Pick your phrase when a sales contract's addendum identifies something and the seller agrees to get it done - all repairs done by licensed professional, with receipts provided."
It doesn't matter how you word it. This phraseology is to prevent Uncle Bob from coming over and "fixing" something wrong.
SO WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU GET REPAIRS LIKE THIS, WITH A RECEIPT PROVIDED BY A LICENSED COMPANY?
Incredibly, you might be thinking you are looking at the same "repair." NO! These are two different "repairs!"
This roofer is consistent however - they look remarkably similar to three more "repairs" on this same roof.
If you think I am kidding, or joking, or did this myself to set up a blog post - YOU WOULD BE WRONG! THIS IS A ROOFER WITH A LICENSE TO DO BUSINESS AND WITH A COMPANY NAME!
Here is the problem we have around here. May I paint the picture:
- Bambi works for Pinocchio.
- Bambi "learns" the business from Pinocchio.
- Bambi wants to strike out on his own.
- Bambi doesn't speak English.
- Bambi wants to get a license. At this point refer to #4.
- Pinocchio knows someone in the very modern-thinking and multi-cultural County office who speaks his and Bambi's language. (In fact, they employ people in that office that speak every language imaginable, well, except English it seems. Just call them on the phone, you'll find that out...)
- Bambi brings Pinocchio to the County office to explain that Bambi doesn't understand English.
- Pinocchio asks his friend in the County office if he can translate the test for Bambi. Bambi, of course, will honestly answer the questions.
- Bambi hears the County official say, "Of course!" in his own language.
- Bambi, amazingly, passes the test with flying colors!
- BAMBI IS IN BUSINESS!
I don't know about where you live, but this is happening in all the trades around here.
IT IS FRIGHTENING.
My recommendation: see if you can find out who the "licensed professional" is before any work is done. That might be hard to do! And if it's sweet, innocent, very cute and harmless little Bambi, with no track record of any kind, BEWARE!
YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET UNCLE BOB TO DO THE WORK INSTEAD!