Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Carrie Rice spoke to us. She is the Communications and Marketing Director for the Town of Addison.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Carrie's presentation:
- She worked for two Senators in Washington, D.C. and she was a contractor at NASA in Alabama before coming to Texas.
- Carrie's husband has family in Texas and that's what prompted their move here.
- She has been in Texas for a year.
- Addison has been working with a new creative firm for advertising for the town.
- There have been changes to the Addison2012.com calendar, including a new search feature.
- Carrie will begin conducting focus groups.
- Her goal is increased communications with Addison's businesses and residents.
Next month, the first Wednesday is September 5th. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros. and learn about the town of Addison. The speakers begin their presentations at 10:30 am. Come early, grab a cup of coffee (or iced coffee in the summer). The Mayor holds court at 10:00 am, so if you have questions about Addison, that's a good time to get answers. See you next month with the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.