Residential New Construction Energy Efficient Home Rebates up to $10,000.
Building a new home, how would you like to get a check up to $10,000 for building it energy efficient? On top of that your monthly utilities bills will be lower that your neighbors, that is a win-win situation.
Here in Connecticut the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund administered by the Connecticut Light and Power, CL&P does just that. You can go to the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE) to find out what programs are available in your state.
The Connecticut New Construction Program is broken up into 3 programs that is verified by a third party and certifies the homes performance. You first choose one of the first 2 programs on how you like to be verified with rebates available up to $9,950. The third track is a bonus with rebates for Low Load Homes good for up to and additional $2,000 rebate.
But it gets even better…. There are additional rebates available for performance Insulation and air sealing, Energy Star HVAC equipment and Appliances.
For best results you need to Contact the CL&P’s administrator while in your planning stage who will help you complete the application and answer any questions. Applications must be submitted before the home is insulated in order to be eligible!
You may also be qualified for additional federal tax credits for installing energy efficient measures.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.