Hiring a color specialist? If you were remodeling your home, or building a new one, you would hire professionals to get the job done. But would you hire a color specialist? No? Why not? As a color specialist, and stager of Abella Home Staging & Redesign, I'm amazed at how many people do not hire a color specialist!! These professionals can create color schemes. They can save you money! Let's face it, making mistakes can cost you plenty!! Color consultants know future trends. So, where do you find one and what do you look for in a color consultant?
- Check out reputable sources. Not all consultants have formal training but they should have completed a certification. Check out you local paint stores, American Society of Interior Designers, or search the website. Then check out their credentials.
Benjamin Moore Office in New Jersey
2. Have a color preference in mind before the meeting. This will help the color consultant have some idea of
what you like. Do you like warm colors or cool? What colors don't you like? The color consultant can help you put
it all together and create combinations that you never though of!
Color class at Benjamin Moore, New Jersey
3. Set up a consultation. They will most likely come to your home and get some ideas. They will take notes of your
floor plan and ask about your desires! The best time for a color consultation is during the day when natural light
will have an impact on color.
Benjamin Moore New Jersey
4. Time and money. Make sure you budget time and money for the consultation. Most color specialist charge
between $75 to 200 per hour. Well worth the cost when you consider what it would cost to "fix" a problem!!
5. Be open to suggestions. After all you did hire an expert!! Listen to what they have to say. And don't be
afraid to step outside your comfort zone. You may be pleasantly surprised!!