This morning as I opened our team's email I came across a message from our Broker/Owner, Jeff. His email has stayed with me hours after initially reading it. I just feel like it's too good not to share with you all.
One Minute to Understanding
You will not need a pen and paper... just read... if you can't
answer them, just keep going.
1. Name the four wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last three Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last two winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name six people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last seven Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point of this is none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They're the best in their fields. But the applause dies down eventually. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name two teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name six people who have taught you something worth while.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of four people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in our lives are not the celebrities of yesterday, but the ones who care." -Jeff Benson, RE/MAX Realty 100 Broker/Owner
Sometimes, okay a lot of time in real estate and in life you are often left to wonder if you made a difference, or if all your work is in vain. I think when you have a positive perspective like our broker/owner wrote about, those feelings are less and less.
Whose life are you going to make a difference in today?