For those of you who remember my friend Anna, Art in Motion and have given her support, here is her recent update on what she's been up to. To see more of her story please see my origional blog where she's commented numerously and has shared her personal story, invoving her family, her health issues, her past...and much more.
I have bolded the main points below for a faster read.
I am so very thrilled and proud to share with everyone all of the blessings that have evolved from my inspirational daily walk and to continue to express my deepest love and gratitude for such positive support and energy that keeps me going!!
I will list the most interesting honors, awards, and projects that have been keeping me busy, drawing even more attention and recognition to me and my unique walk:
- The colorful photo on Tappen Beach at Sunset was taken for an art exhibit. When I received the persuasive call from the photographer to take this photo with a sample of my handmade hats and scarves, I was further convinced to do so as he explained that I have a "HUGE FOLLOWING" and would be signing autographs! Ironically, on a recent trip to the Roosevelt Field Shopping Mall 4 people asked me for my autograph. WHAT A FEELING!!!
- Another colorful art exhibit portraying me, Anna "Art in Motion", is on the wall at Sea Cliff Beach, inspiring people, as you have also testified to me.
- I had another photo shoot - for a book that I am in. There is a beautiful poem dedicated to me and my unique inspirational walk. The book should be out soon, August 2012, and some people have told me that they have already heard that I am in a book!
- I was interviewed for the September/October Newsletter from the Glen Cove Library History Room. Even the Newsletter starts out by calling me a "Celebrity".
- I received the "First Annual Baci Award for Creative Initiative" for extraordinary creativity, as the promo information explained. There was an Award Dinner and an Award Statue and Birds of Paradise Bouquet presented to me! There was also an article in the local newspaper. I was told that my speech was "OSCAR Worthy"!!
- At least 2x's a year I am in the local newspaper.
- The local television News 12 caught me by surprise and aired a segment on me in 2 of my outfits. I was introduced as "The Sea Cliff Woman whose fashion is a breath of fresh air!". News 12 sent me a free DVD of that segment on me. Since that aired, people still ask me when am I going to be back on T.V.
- Newsday.com posted a few pictures of me in a Memorial Day Outfit.
- A video of me singing a soft tune was auctioned off for a school charity event. I was told that the whole school went "wild and crazy" screaming when they saw me!! At this reaction one lady, Erica said, : "If YOU don't get on 'T'he Dr. Oz Show' then something is terribly wrong!"
- I was asked if my walk can be auctioned off for another school charity event. Someone would get to walk with me - probably dressed like me too, with a colorful matching outfit from head to toe and handmade hat! It would be nice to have a whole group of people make an auction for my walk!
- The 10th Year 911 Commemoration performance still amazes me by the fact that a popular dancer/choreographer picked me to perform with her! On top of that honor one of the musicians that we danced to was Yo-Yo Ma's sister on the violin!! She asked me for my business card, and she also gave me her personal contact information!! WHAT OUTSTANDING COMPLIMENTS I AM STILL RECEIVING, even though I am not even a professional dancer!
- I have the honor of being the very 1st and only " Golf Tournament Queen" of the Sea Cliff Annual Golf Tournament. The very 1st year I was interviewed by the Associated Press and was on ESPN.com. Now, in it's 4th year I am still asked to attend as their "Honorary Guest", help to present the winner with the green "Master's " jacket and celebrate with refreshments and many pictures taken, also in local newspaper.
- Many people dress as me for Halloween! When Terri won dressed up as me for Halloween, I was told that "You know that you have made it BIG TIME when you become a HOT TOPIC for Halloween and for gossip - but it is always good things said about you!". The Halloween contest was also in the local newspaper, and Terri even gave me her hat that she wore to win her such an honor and attention that night.
- A photographer of a huge vitamin/supplement company called me to book me as their model for an event. That photographer has been after me for years, and it is even rumored among the stores where I shop that I am a body builder.
- I was also recently propositioned to enter the hat that I was wearing into a Kentucky Derby Contest to win a nice money prize. The man trying to persuade me runs a huge hotel and casino chain and is a judge in the hat contest.
- At the BACI Award Dinner and at a wedding that I attended, I was approached about doing a video about the story behind my hats.
- I made a calendar with my outfits representing the seasons and Holidays, and I donated the money to "The Inn" - a shelter and food kitchen for the needy. I also met with the executive director, she interviewed me, took pictures, and was very impressed how I found the determination to do such a project in my condition!.
- I will end this list by reflecting on how and when I became such an entertaining figure in high demand, asked to attend and participate in so many events, even though the public had been faithfully watching me for YEARS!!!
It was when Sea Cliff celebrated 125 Years as a Village, and I was asked to make a collage representing what Sea Cliff means to me. Of course, I made 3 collages, all with my walking background and photos of me in my seasonal and holiday outfits - all of my pictures standing out in 3-D like dolls. Then, a producer asked me to participate in a skit dedicated to the history of Sea Cliff, and she wrote a story where I played me "The Walking Lady" walking through time in Sea Cliff. My collages were on display in their art exhibit, and there are always so many attempts to get me back into the acting!! It was fun and such an honor to hear the screams and claps as I walked on the stage, with a change of wardrobe, too!! Even the kids teased me that "You are going to steal the show" as everyone tried to tell me then that I had a HUGE FAN BASE!!! Now I understand what they had been trying to tell me!! It is just more beautiful and special and touching than I ever imagined!!!
Ellen, I hope that you enjoyed this. I cut it short because there is so much that I have been attracting, and of course, I try to do it all!!!(smiles)
May all of this positive energy just keep flowing - right to "The Dr. Oz Show"!!!
ALL MY LOVE and GRATITUDE!!!
Anna "Art in Motion" Sea Cliff, N.Y.