As lending guidelines have tightened, it is always remember to play it smart when buying a home and getting a mortgage. These 8 tips are just a few things you can do to assure you close on your loan!!
8 Items to avoid when obtaining a mortgage!
- Don't accept a cash gift without filing the proper "gift" paperwork
- Don't buy a new car or trade-up to a bigger car lease
- Don't quit your job or start a new company
- Don't transfer large sums of money between bank accounts
- Don't forget to pay your bills
- Don’t dispute any accounts
- Don't open new credit cards -- even if you're getting 20% off
- Don't make random, undocumented deposits into your bank account
Thanks to Geoff Brown at New American Mortgage for sharing this information. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-728-6286.