Moving on up

By
Services for Real Estate Pros with Beverly-Hanks & Associates

Well, looks like I have a way to go to make it to the top.  I hope that this becomes a regular thing for me. 

So, I guess I need to write about real estate, hun?  The market here is slightly slow right now but nothing like say...Florida or Colorado or California.  Our market has been strong and steady for several years now.  That is what we like to see.  There is not a glut of inventory, the demand is steady and our market has a huge second home /retirement sector that continues to thrive.  Asheville and the surrounding areas have been in many top ten lists for various publications and websites.

I've just invited some friends in the industry to participate in this website.  Couldn't hurt, right?  So, if you are reading this and haven't signed up I encourage you to do so.  The average consumer is starting their search for a property in the internet and the numbers keep going up and up.  Having a web presence can only help even if it is a little blog that you update once a month.  It may be even therapeutic.

I spend a lot of time communicating with people from around the USA via email and phone calls (sometimes from other countries as well).  I would estimate that 80 % of my contacts come from email and the other 20% is phone calls and mail.  I had 58 of my assigned transactions close in 2007.  That was out of about 200 assignments.  Not to shabby.  If I could only focus on that aspect of my job I think I could have handled about 30 more transactions.  There is a bevy of things that I do as part of my job and only so much time to do it.

When someone contacts me most everyone is looking for information on a particular listing, what our area is like, the market and what the people are like.  They are usually pleased to know that I can help them with all of that and then some.  I can help them with selling their current home, get move quotes, get lodging information if they are going to visit first and even help with job information.  Then, only when they are ready or their situation dictates it, I will assign one of our agents to begin working with them.  I haven't been personally involved in a sale in over 1 1/2 years.

I'm not your typical real estate agent, hun?

Comments (1)

Caleb Mardini
Bellevue, WA

Interesting Richard. I've spoken with people from around the country in a similar manner.

Jan 12, 2007 01:56 PM