New Castle New Hampshire Homes
New Castle NH saw some very nice activity this past year, despite what the news media would have us all think with all the negative and sensational headlines.
Homes in New Castle saw a higher average sales price, more homes sold, and we also saw the average days on the market decrease for 2007.
I'd say that shows a pretty good market in New Castle New Hampshire!
New Castle is a really quaint and charming town right on the coast of NH, and is actually comprised of several islands, all connected by causeways.
Homes in New Castle NH date back to the 1600's to brand new homes, all on narrow winding streets, many with wonderful water views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Piscataqua River, or any number of back channel views.
- New Castle NH homes sold were up in 2007 over 2006. In 2006, we saw only 12 homes sell, and in 2007, we had 20 homes sell. This past year, there were 44 homes for sale, and in 2006, there were 42 homes for sale.
- The average asking prices of those homes for sale in 2006 was $1,383,826, and in 2007, the average asking price was $1,549,970.
- The average selling prices of New Castle NH homes increased over $100,000 in 2007 compared to 2006. The average selling price in 2006 was $1,002,750, and in 2007, the average selling price increased to $1,145,728 - a strong increase in a market that wasn't supposed to be all that great!
- The average days on the market went down in 2007 over 2006, again another positive change in the New Castle NH homes market. It took an average os 203 days in 2006 to sell a home, and in 2007, it took 186 days on average to sell.
- Another nice positive change in the New Castle NH homes market this past year was that sellers, on average, received a higher percentage of their last asking price for the final selling prices. In 2006, that percentage was 85.4%, and in 2007, we saw that increase to 90.2%. Again, another bit of positive news for homeowners.
And all this information is just further proof that all real estate is local, and that the media that continues to harp on a 'national real estate market' really need to get a clue and understand that there is NO SUCH THING.
It's really very important for consumers to speak to a local real estate expert, and disregard the broad brush the news continues to paint all of us with. We have great news in the real estate industry right here in our own backyard!
New Castle New Hampshire is such a charming seaside town. If you're looking for island living and you want to be close to everything, you just might want to consider making New Castle NH your next home.
It's no wonder so many people love living here in this area of NH and making it their HOME!! If you're interested in learning more about making New Castle your home, ........... I'm at your service!!!
RE/MAX Coast to Coast
888-349-5678 x 3839
Servicing the Coastal Areas of NH & Southern Maine