Art in the Public Eye in Carlsbad – An Interactive Public Art Map
Carlsbad California has had a reputation for the arts for years, and that reputation continues to grow.
Notable Carlsbad arts events and facilities include:
- Art in the Village Faire (the largest 1-day outdoor arts and craft fairs in the country) among several other arts and crafts fairs
- the notable William D. Cannon Art Gallery (city owned) with multiple exhibits during the year and family open studios
- ArtSplash (this weekend in Carlsbad), a 2-day extravaganza of art vendors and a popular chalk art contest
- TGIF Jazz in the Parks free concert series (9) in the summer
- the New Village Arts Theater, multiple art galleries
- Summer art camps
- The Museum of Making Music with sponsored musical programs throughout the year
- The Carlsbad Music Festival (this weekend!)
The Carlsbad Sculpture Garden by the Public Library offers public viewing of local and regional sculptures in exhibits that change periodically.
And then there is the wealth of public art, including painted utility boxes, fire hydrants and more.
Carlsbad has a wealth of public art scattered throughout the community and now has an interactive public art map so you can read all about it and visit your favorites when you are out and about. There are 29 works of art in the public eye (not included are the golfer statues I’ve seen at the Aviara Golf Course at the Park Hyatt Resort). Viewing the map requires that you install Silverlight, which takes just a couple of minutes. Once installed you can see where each work of art if located on the interactive map. Very cool!!
Here’s a screenshot.
Would you like to live in this artsy town? Visit the links below to search for Carlsbad homes for sale.