Yes, there ARE more things to do for the New Year. I know, believe me, you don't want to hear it (and I don't blame you) but it's especially important this year and I'll tell you why.
This is the year of the RAT. It is the FIRST in the twelve cycles of the zodiac that make up Chinese Astrology. Because it is the first, this is a year of plentiful opportunities and prospects for anyone, no matter what sign you are! That's some great news for all of us.
It is a wonderful year for starting new projects and making long term investments. So even from a Feng Shui point of view, it's a wonderful year for purchasing that new home; great news to share with your buyers isn't it?
In Western Astrology the Rat is a Sagittarian which means all of us can expect the unexpected---in an unusually good form. This is also a year relatively free from disruptions so things are more likely to flow. All in all, it's the perfect time to make some changes you most likely want anyway to release the energy of last year and allow all new, fresh energy to enter.
Some famous people that have been born under the Year of the Rat include Claude Monet, George Washington, William Shakespeare, Mozart, Truman Capote and Irving Berlin. Pretty impressive list, don't you think?
So NOW what am I asking you to do? Well, this is what I do; I want to insure a year as wonderful as my last one!
* Try to resolve any disagreements you might have with anyone. It helps YOU release and resolve for the positive changes to occur.
* I always ask my clients that no matter how difficult life may be to remember all the things they are truly blessed with. Make a list which infuses the blessings you already have with more, doubling its energy.
* The Chinese RESPECT MONEY. For women, clean out your handbags, keep your money in your wallet in order. Remember NOT to ignore signs of Abundance! If you see a penny and think it's nothing, think again. To many of us it is a sign of pure Abundance; if you pass the things you perceive as small, the larger ones won't appear!
* Some people have asked about the Red Envelopes. While there are many facets to the use of them, one is during the Chinese New Year. They are primarily given to children and must contain money. They are considered as Auspicious to the Giver as well as to the Receiver. Red Envelopes containing Money can also be placed the in the Wealth Area of your home. (Red Envelopes are becoming so popular that many of the branches of New York's Citibanks now carry them)! They do NOT have to be Chinese Red Envelopes if you can't find them, OfficeMax carries regular Red Envelopes.
* Replace any light bulbs that have burned out. Light can help intensify the other changes.
* Remember to open all your blinds and curtains in the morning and close them at night. Letting the "Outside IN" creates a Yin/Yang balance of the two energies of day and night. You are starting your New Year with BALANCE.
* Light all four burners on your stove for a few minutes. In the Black Sect method, this signifies and enhances money. The stove nourishes your body and the burners signify nourishing your wealth.
* This is a wonderful time to Smudge your home. For those of you unfamiliar with this, it is smudging...much like Native Americans do for healing; Feng Shui Consultants can use sage and walk through your home with it burning, while being mindful of all the things you'd like to come into your life. It helps to re-energize a space and rid it of any negativity over the last year. (I have found that pure Sage is best).
ALL the BEST to ALL OF YOU FOR A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!
* If you have a Home/Office where you generate work, you might want to look for one more post to make this your best year, ever!
*Carole Provenzale has been a Certified Feng Shui Practitioner since 1997 and is the Founder of Feng Shui Long Island providing Feng Shui Consultations for All of Long Island including Oyster Bay and Feng Shui Consultations for New York City (Manhattan) Apartments for over a decade. Phone consultations are available for those at a distance. Feng Shui consultations for homes, offices, businesses, corporations, renovations, real estate, pre purchase and new construction. All Consultations are personalized and affordable.