Home Sellers STOP...LOOK...LISTEN!!!
Or should I say "Warning, Warning Will Robinson" to home sellers in St Charles County MO?
The more things change the more they seem to stay the same. Whether we are in a "DOWN" market or a "BOOM" market, no I am not talking about Wall Street, in real estate it seems that we talk about some of the same issues.
Home sellers, when it come to HOME BUYERS they all pretty much look for the same things. So it would be to your advantage if you would STOP..LOOK & Listen to what they are saying.
Here are 5, in no particular order, of the reasons why buyers pick the house they do:
- Price....believe it or not PRICE, even today, ranks higher than location in most studies on this issue*.
- Neighborhood....pride of ownership, homogeneity of the area, physical attractiveness of the streets, etc.
- Schools....highly rated and diversity of schools adds to the overall market demand for area...especially for home buyers with school age children.
- Work....proximity to, diversity of and overall stability of jobs. Especially with the price of gas today!
- Shopping....people shop out of both need and desire.
* Of the above mentioned items, you as a seller have control over only one...PRICE...so price it right from the start while it is fresh to the market. In doing this you may invite multiple offers in a very short time on the market.
Think of the reasons you purchased your home, they are probably not much different than the list above. And to go along with that what will you be looking for in your next home?
This is a great time of the year to sell a home as long as we remember these tips. Home sales have been up this year and there are buyers out there looking for that one piece of property that they will be able to call home. That home can be yours!!
So, if you are thinking about placing your home on the market in St Charles County, MO give Don Rogers CDPE, GRI a call at 636-229-8865 today and schedule a time to sit down and start the process.
What a GREAT time of the year to buy and sell a home!!