It's Time To Improve Your Curb Appeal........
Why do I need to have good curb appeal? It is starting to cool down and........
........all the more to stay on top of your curb appeal. Between the grass turning yellow, the flowers dying, shrubs loosing their leaves, limbs falling off your trees, and, and, and, and. Get the picture? There is more to do now than there was in the summer. It's time to improve your curb appeal.
- Keep your lawn mowed and edged. Trim trees and shrubs, removing all dead limbs and debris. The grass will still grow for a bit longer in the colder climates, shrubs will still grow for a short period.
- Add color to your yard and front porch with flowers and/or hanging plants. There are fall flowers that will add a load of color to the front of your home and make it POP. And the cost is minimal if it helps get your home sold and gets you the price you are looking for.
- Arrange outdoor furniture and firewood neatly. Put away all lawn equipment, bikes and other toys. Neatness is a real plus.
- Repair any broken areas of your fence, deck, patio, etc. Make sure these areas are clean and in good shape. Now would be a good time, if you haven't already, to stain the deck even if you just did it, three years ago.
- Walk around your home and check the exterior items like siding, window sashes, trim and shutters. Clean these areas and/or paint as needed. Give special attention to the front door, clean, paint or maybe put a new one in.
- Look up on your trip around the exterior and make sure the gutters are clean of debris. Wash or paint as needed. Realign the gutters if they look crooked.
- Still looking up check the roof for shingles or flashing that needs replacing or repair.
- Now would be a GREAT time to replace broken windows, doors and screens. Make sure each looks clean and in good condition.
- Look down and check the driveways and sidewalks. If they need it, maybe they don't, power wash them and patch any holes and try to remove stains.
- Touch up the "little things" like house numbers, mail box, door bell, etc.
Staying on top of the little things continually while the home is on the market will insure you selling your home while others go UNSOLD.
For help in getting your home ready for the market in St. Charles County Missouri give Don Rogers CDPE, GRI a call today at 636-229-8865.