Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Planning and Zoning Commissioner Chair Ralph Doherty and Parks and Recreation Director Slade Strickland spoke to us about the P & Z's Comprehensive Plan for land use.
- Also in attendance were the following P & Z Commissioners: Roy Stockard, John Oliver, Ivan Hughes and Linda Groce
- Ralph was standing in for Carmen Moran, Director of Development Services
- Slade shared an overview of the plans for the Addison Trail system
- the existing trails
- connecting to regional trails (in Farmers Branch and North Dallas)
- Dart Rail
- on-street hike and bike trails
- North/South connections to trails (Midway Road, Inwood/Addison Road & East/West connections (Beltline through Farmers Branch)
- pedestrian crossings at intersections
Next month, the first Wednesday is November 7th. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros. and learn about the town of Addison. The speakers begin their presentations at 10:30 am. Come early, grab a cup of coffee. The Mayor holds court at 10:00 am, so if you have questions about Addison, that's a good time to get answers. See you next month with the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.