Pity us poor Mac users who have, for years, suffered at the hands of the North Texas Real Estate Information Service's (NTREIS) Tempo software used for MLS by the MetroTex Association.
But look out now!
The new MLS system, Fusion, is available for North Texas REALTORS to use, albeit in beta format. Fusion is MAC and PC compatible and works with Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers. Yeah! No more Citrix software as an interface!
At last week's North Dallas MLS meeting, Cindy Miller from the MetroTex Association of Realtors, spoke to us about the changes.
- We can access Fusion through the login link on the home page at www.dfwrealestate.com.
- The system will run in parallel with the current NTREIS Listings system, Tempo.
- The Tempo software will not go away until after the first of next year.
- Classes will be held throughout the month of October and we'll get 3 MCE hours for attending.
- There is a customizable home page.
- We'll be able to do a "fast find" by address and a radius search.
- We'll be able to sort by columns and we can filter.
- There will still be a prospects/contacts search (like the current Gateway searches).
- Announce My Listings, Property Panorma, and Realist Tax will all come over to Fusion.
- Innovia, an alternate MLS system (also without Macintosh interface for adding and editing listings) will be around until the contract ends in 2013.
- Adding and editing of listings must still be done in the Tempo system until Tempo goes away.
I'm signed up for Fusion training on Thursday afternoon and I can't wait to start using it!