Whether you’re a real estate agent, broker, lender or staging expert, we know that you lead a busy life. At times you probably feel that carrying the weight of your business has completely taken over your personal life and you wonder how long you can last at this hectic pace before getting burnt out.
As Real Estate Virtual Assistants, we understand putting time and energy into making sure your business succeeds. Our President/CEO, Carrie Gable, built RealSupport from the ground up by starting in her home with a few clients and has built great momentum over the past twelve years. It took a lot of hard work, dedication and personal sacrifice to get this company to where it is today serving clients all over the country and even internationally from our office just outside of Chicago with a team of specialized Real Estate Virtual Assistants!
So, how can you balance pouring yourself into your real estate business without getting burnt out and keep your passion for your business? Recently, Jane Porter, a freelance writer whose articles have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, pointed out five tips that I thought were worth sharing. Of course I’ve updated them to be specific to real estate, but her basic principles are great pieces of advice for ensuring the long haul for you and your business.
1. Schedule Personal Time to Recharge- Time for yourself is imperative to running a business. Whether it’s embarking on a new hobby or just reading that book you’ve been meaning to read; find a way to unwind and unplug. Ask yourself, “What’s something I’ve always wanted to do,” or “What in the past has brought me the greatest joy?” then pursue those things!
2. Seek a Mentor- Even if you’ve been in the business for years; you’ll always find someone who has more experience that you. Seeking out a mentor or even a life coach can be just the thing you need to see things from a new perspective or to help you recharge.
3. Delegate Parts of Your Business- You can’t do it all and keep your sanity. In today’s world, there are just too many things that demand your attention and no way that one person can tackle all those things and do them well. Hold on to the tasks that only you can do and delegate those that don’t need your attention. This is where we, as Real Estate Virtual Assistants step in for our clients.
From social media, to blogging to listing marketing and website updates to email campaigns; we take these tasks off our clients plates. Since we specialize in these areas; our clients know they’re getting the highest quality of work and don’t have to sacrifice their time to get these tasks done.
4. Focus on Your Relationships- While it can be tempting to get into the mindset that you can do it all on your own, everyone needs those key relationships that offer support, encouragement and a listening ear. It’s vital to keep these relationships in tact, even if you think you don’t have the time; it’s worth every second.
5. Introduce Innovation- One of the best ways to keep boredom with your business at bay is to change it up! If you find you’ve been doing things the same way for a while, oftentimes trying a new approach will spark new ideas and boost innovation. Ask yourself, “When is the last time I tried something new here?” and don’t be afraid to ask for advice on how to change it up. You may find it’s just the thing you needed to spark a renewed interest in what you do!
I hope these tips give you a few things to think about and put into practice as you head through the ups and downs of owning your own real estate business!
We are always here to lend a helping hand, so contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you! You’ll have that needed time to take a break and relax with friends and family which will keep you refreshed and energized to keep going!
Blogging & Copywriting Specialist