I guess it's my turn. Late last night I came down to turn of my computer when I saw I had an AR contact. It was Lisa Bosques giving me the "Kapowie" of a MeMe - yep that is what she said - Kapowie: ok I couldn't find a definition except at the "Urban Dictionary" well umm - X-Rated so I will just leave it at I was tagged for a MeMe!! Lisa I really enjoyed reading yours!!
When you read Lisa's post, "I've Been MeMe'd!!!" you will find out that we have one thing in common and one thing we are total opposites on. OK, well I am going to give you 5 things. I guess the older we are the more "five things" we have so it was sort of strange choosing so I picked a variety! Enjoy! Oh, and no laughing!!!
- I am a member of the 1976 AA Washington State Football Championship Team. My first varsity letter was in football. I wasn't a "manager". I was a trainer. I attended and was certified to perform certain training duties like wrapping and taping. That was back in the day when girls could hardly even play sports so it was very controversial. My girlfriend and I were interviewed several times by local TV stations. At a couple of play-off games the parents of the opposing teams yelled and threw things as we walked across the field with our jerseys on - our coach didn't tell them that we were the trainers - they thought we were players. Title IX was a good thing for girls!!! The second varsity letter was in track. I ran the 440 and the mile relay.
- I was married once for 24 years and 11 months. During that time I raised two outstanding young men. One is a Police Officer in Washington State and the other is an Investigator.
- I was born on March 17th - St Patrick's Day - and I am not Irish, I don't like beer and hated any food my Mother would make on that day using green food coloring!!!
- In 2004 I married the love of my life - my soul mate. I had always thought that the whole "soul mate" thing was just so stupid until I met this man. He is amazing. I almost didn't even go out with him because he is so much younger than me. I had to become ok with a huge age difference - I am so glad I did!! My husband is 17 years younger than I am - but we are still two peas in a pod.!!
- I was affected by the Vietnam War in my youth and have now been affected by the Iraq War as an adult. My husband has served two tours and I am trying to figure out how I will survive the third. My favorite quote -
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Now, to select 3 A|R colleagues to MeMe. I am choosing my friends from up North in Alaska. Alaska is my second home, that is where my husband is stationed. He lives there and I live in WA. So I feel a connection with these A|R'ers. So ..............
and one fellow Washingtonian
Please tell us all 5 things about yourself...
The rules: put a link back here in the comment section to your MeMe; tag your post "meme;" & post it to the group: "MeMe". Lucky Lang is keeping track of everyone who's been MeMe'd; apparently there's a "3 Strikes You're Out!" rule. You can see a fairly complete list here in Lucky's, Meme Tutorial and Alphabetical Index of all Memes on Active Rain!