Market Report for Coral Springs Home Sales during Sept 2012.
Are you selling your home in Coral Springs? As your Coral Springs Realtor, I've prepared the report here for you; go ahead and review to see what happened with Single Family home sales in Coral Springs, during September 2012.
- Single Family home sales dropped by roughly 31% this month having sold 81 homes compared to last month's Coral Springs home sales in Aug 2012.
- Median price decreased this month to $238,000 down over 11% from Aug 2012 rate.
- Distressed Property Sales increased this month to over 38% compared to Aug 2012 which is reflected likely in the decreased Median Sales price shown this month:
- Short Sales comprised a 17% decrease from Aug 2012 rate.
- REO/Bank Owned comprised a 20+% increase which was a significant increase from Aug 2012 rate of 10+%, which likely took its toll on the Median Sales price discussed above.
- Unfortunately, many of our fellow neighbors in Coral Springs continue to be affected by tough times as they're wanting to sell home as a Short Sale in Coral Springs to avoid being a participant in a Foreclosure.
With the drop in home sales this month of September we’ve seen the Absorption Rates increase to just over 3% which is still favorable for Coral Springs residents looking to sell their homes. Coral Springs needs more Sellers to sell their home to beef up the availability of homes on the market.
Absorption Rates can vary by Neighborhood. Call me at 954-464-1100 and we can go over the absorption rate for your neighborhood so you know what to expect.
Do you live in any of the Coral Springs Florida neighborhoods below?
The neighborhoods of North Springs, Ramblewood & Wyndham Lakes all had 5 homes each sold in their neighborhoods during September.
Below are how the remaining neighborhoods fared:
Butler Farms 4 Coral Creek 3 Coral Springs Country Club 4
Forest Hills 2 Heron Bay 2 to include Tuscany & Enclave
Kensington 4 to include Classics, Gardens, Green, & Sanctuary
North Springs 5 Oakwood 2 Pine Ridge 4 Ramblewood 5
Shadowwood 2 Turtle Run 3 West Glen Manor 2
Westchester 3 Woodside Estates/Preserve 2
Wydham Lakes 5 to include Coventry Place, Bay Pointe, Golden Bay and Park Place
Where should you price your home? Consider price points when setting a price to sell your home in Coral Springs, as I discuss each month, these price points can tell you where there are a lot of Buyers looking in a particular range and are willing to pay that price thereby, increasing the chance of your home being sold.
Not sure of where you should price your home; If you want to know, please contact me for a complimentary valuation of your home. As I've said before: Pricing your home right at the onset is so important.
Price Range Quantity
$149,999 or under 6
$150,000 -$199,999 15
$200,000 -$249,999 22
$250,000 -$299,999 14
$300,000 -$349,999 11
$350,000 -$399,999 7
$400,000 -$449,999 3
$450,000 -$499,999 2
$500,000 -$549,999 0
$550,000 -$599,999 0
$600,000 -$699,999 1
$700,000 -$799,999 0
$800,000 -$899,999 0
$900,000 -$999,999 0
$1,000,000 or over 0
Days on the Market before Selling
0-30 Days 31-60 Days 61-90 Days 91-120 Days 120+ Days
No. of Listings 35 19 12 5 10
Breakdown % 43.21% 23.46% 14.81% 6.17% 12.35%
Avg % SP/LP* 97.98% 93.48% 96.12% 95.89% 95.27%
* This row indicates what percentage of the list price that the home sold (sales price) for during Sept 2012.
As your local Coral Springs REALTOR®, I'd be glad to help you sell your home in Coral Springs. Or if you simply have questions about the selling process, please feel free to call me or email. Or if you want to know your home's value, just call me or email me. Call me at 954-464-1100 or email me at LynnP@ImagineYourHouse.com.