The National Geographic “Great Energy Challenge” for Your Home.
The Great Energy Challenge by National Geographic is a three year initiative designed to help us to better understand the world’s current energy situation.
Everyone is encouraged to join The Great Energy Challenge and consciously make a positive difference in how we think about and consume energy.
Join the 360’ Energy Diet and see how your carbon footprint compares to others. Share your experience of reducing it and learn more techniques to reduce your carbon footprint.
As well there are many interactive tools to help you learn more on reducing your carbon footprint:
Personal Energy Meter ~ see how you measure up against others in you region.
Mini Energy Calculators ~ shows your where your household energy hogs are.
Energy Diet Calendar ~ monthly energy saving techniques.
Light Bulb Savings Calculator ~ See how your light bulbs at home rate and how big of an impact energy efficient bulb can make.
Water Footprint Calculator ~ Find out your water footprint is and how to reduce waste.
Global Electricity Map ~ interactive map where does the world’s electricity come from?
Global Fossil-Fuel Subsidies Map ~ See which countries pay the most for tax breaks.
Global Carbon Footprints ~ More than 80% of the world greenhouse gas emissions come from Europe and these 12 nations.
Global Water Footprint of Key Crops ~ click to learn more about the water embedded in everyday items.
Seafood Guide ~ See what seafood’s are the best choice.
The Green Guide at National Geographic ~ tips for everyday green living.
Outside of the National Geographic links if you would like to learn more on green and sustainable living tips and ways to go about them check out SnappyGreen’s article on PraticallyGreen.com.
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the HBA CT Green Homes Council.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff at William Pitt Sotheby’s for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.