Am I a Home Stager?
Let's face it: if you're a home stager, you're a little bit different from the rest of society. You see things that others don't. You want to improve the look of every place you go. You feel uneasy if a space doesn't have the right balance or proportions. But, if you're not sure whether you have what it takes to be a home stager, consider the following characteristics.
You might be a Home Stager if:
- You scan your friends' and co-worker's photos for clues to their interior decorating.
- You lose track of the plotline when watching a movie or TV show because you're too busy studying the set designs.
- When someone asks you about a wedding reception you attended, you describe the color scheme, centerpieces, tablescapes, etc. in great detail, but forget to mention who said or did what to whom.
- Every time you enter a room, you begin to re-decorate it in your mind.
- A week after dining out, you remember everything about a restaurant's decor, but can't remember what you ordered.
- You can't take someone's picture without "staging" the background.
- All the clothes in your closet are arranged by color and type, and are hung on matching hangars.
- You spend more time selecting items for setting a beautiful holiday table than you do choosing your menu or cooking.
- Your favorite TV personalities are Sabrina Soto and Property Brothers Drew and Jonathan Scott.
- When you were a kid, your favorite part about playing Barbies was setting up the furniture and rooms.
If you can identify with any of these, you might have a good career as a home stager. If not, then you should definitely hire a home stager whenever you want your home to make a good impression.
Photo by David Castillo Dominici