- Take your time… Many Buyers in 2007 felt ‘rushed’ to make a decision to purchase property for fear that they would either get into a bidding war or the ‘cream of the crop’ would fly off the market. We have a bit more time in 2008.
- No worries, no (bidding) wars! The stress of buying have been reduced by the elimination of bidding wars—with more inventory, bidding wars have been reduced significantly.
- No more ‘lottery tickets’! There are plenty of new construction units available that don’t require participation in the lottery process (in order to ‘possibly’ have the opportunity to purchase a new home). Pre-sales are on the rise but, with the number of new complexes being built, you not only have a better selection but, don’t have to take a ‘lottery ticket’ and hope that you get one of the few available units!
- Inspections and repair requests are welcomed! Sellers realize that their units must be ‘staged,’ updated, and priced to sell. Tip top shape is imperative, which can even be taken a step further by having a pre-inspection to ascertain that the condo is, indeed, READY to sell.
- Stable, not Stagnant! Your selection of homes in Charlotte is fantastic and smart Sellers are taking care of all repairs, renovations and pricing their homes to SELL! Variety is the spice of life!
- ‘Due’ it right! In recent years, many Buyers did not want to take the time to acquire all of the information/due diligence necessary to make the best purchase. I had clients who did not want to listen to anything that we reported that may be negative about a condo or complex of which we had new or prior knowledge! Of course they received that information, whether they wanted it or not (at least from me!) but, most of them simply didn’t care—they wanted to win the ‘war’ and become the victorious condo owner!
- Make us an Offer we can’t refuse! And, I’m not talking about low-balling! More Sellers are realizing that taking their time selling their units is the best approach to selling their units. If the condo is priced right, they don’t HAVE to entertain low-ball Offers and are, frankly, insulted with these Offers, often time not responding at all to low-ballers. An experienced Buyer’s Agent can guide you in your Offer and negotiate a deal that is still favorable to you, the Buyer.
- No more NINJA’s! Hey, that’s okay—you didn’t need those frilly loan packages, wrapped with ribbons like, Zero Down, Amazing ARMS, NO DOCs, and Sub-Primes Available HERE! We have REAL loans available for REAL borrowers (qualified borrowers)! Rates are lower than they have been in years and there are plenty of prime packages available. Check out rates TODAY with a preferred lender. Ask your Realtor® for the names of reputable lenders to assist you with the loan process.
- What, we’ve lost our landlord? Now is the time to buy investment property as many of our Charlotte landlords have decided to let go of their property for fear that the market may decline. So, rather than rent, you can buy these properties at a great price—NOW. The banks have plenty of mortgage packages available that are appealing to those who are purchasing these properties as personal residences as well as investment properties.
- HOT time in the CITY! Uptown and Dilworth are coming up roses—even in January! New condo complexes are being completed and are a great opportunity for newcomers to Charlotte to experience a live/work environment in the most wonderful city in America! Imagine living, working, attending Carolina Panthers games (okay, had a rough year—but, so what? We still love OUR Panthers!), Charlotte Bobcats games (and yes, they’re doing GREAT this year!), attending the theatre, symphony, dining in 5-star restaurants, dancing atop the high-rises overlooking our amazing skyline…and much more!
NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!
About the author:
Debe Maxwell is a Charlotte Residential Real Estate, Certified Neighborhood and Relocation Specialist who can assist you with the purchase and/or sale of real estate in Charlotte, NC or any place in the country by connecting you with a relocation professional in your destination of choice. Debe has created a team of professionals throughout the country to ensure that you enjoy a smooth transition to your new area. These professionals are experts in the field of relocation and can serve many purposes beyond a simple home search. The destination service is of no cost to you! Please visit www.debemaxwell.com/ for your relocation and/or your local needs.